Alpha 150

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Congrats Wayne And Lauren West!


THE PROMISE OF MARRIAGE

My beloved, romance may fade, but true love endures.
I choose to truly love you with kindness, faithfulness, and respect,through every circumstance that life may bring.
Because I treasure you,
I will daily devote myself
to support, encourage, comfort, and defend you
as we together face the coming moments of
sorrow and joy, sickness and health, poverty and wealth.
When I have been wronged, I will forgive.
When I do wrong, I will confess with contrition.
When conflict dims our days,
I will exercise the patience of true love
and seek the light of wise counsel.
Most of all, I will rejoice and thank the Lord for completing me with the gift of you.
And through His infinite grace,
I know that no matter what may come,
I will remain by your side
with enduring devotion and fidelity
for as long as He allows us to share this earthly life.
This is my solemn vow because,
in you, I have truly found the one my soul loves.
May the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
guide us and bless us each day
from this moment forward.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said…

    AWWWWW!!! I just now saw this!BEAUTIFUL vows!

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi! You don't know me, but I'm the original author of those vows. I wrote that version around 1999, I think. (I still haven't used them myself yet!) I posted them on a few websites back then, and they've been popping up all over the place ever since!

    I just wanted to say I'm very pleased that my words carried so much meaning for you, and I do hope they brought a feeling of closeness to the Lord and to each other during that special moment in your lives. God bless you both!

    Alice Swartz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home