Alpha 150

Thursday, December 08, 2005

HOME AND THE HOLIDAYS



Christmas ON Nannie’s Hill
By Tracye WM Prewitt

Twas the night before Christmas
And On Nannie’s hill
Everybody was stirring, no one was still.
The children were nestled in front of channel 3
To see where woody would say where santa would be
The feast was spread
There were pulley bones, butterbeans, and cornbread
Just to mention a small bit
Of the scrumptious meal that was for a king surely fit
The presents were mounded to the top of the tree
Oh we hardly could wait to open them and see…
A doll, a trike, a teddy for me!
We ate and we ate, and unwrapped til we dropped
But what was that woody?
Santa is on his way?
We must hurry home or miss out on the loot in his sleigh!
With Sister and beck promptly in tow off to Lexington
And we have to GO!!!!!
To Kosciusko go Mike, Greg, And Mandy
They don’t want to miss out on Santa’s toys and his candy.
Jump into bed pull the covers up tight
The next morning what a glorious sight
Santa had come…. Woody was right!
Christmas was such a wonderful time
Filled with love and laughter so sublime!
Not for the gifts and there were quite a few
But for warm and wonderful memories of
Nanny, Woody and YOU!

{Dedicated to my parents, my Nanny, cooter, Uncle doc and family, Sister and beck
Thanks for the sweetest memories of all; you are cherished!}

I'll Be Home For Christmas
Kim Gannon, Walter Kent (c) 1943

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree
Christmas eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
Christmas eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
If only in my dreams...

I will be on Nannie's Hill for Christmas but only in my dreams! I miss those days; I miss the faces; You can't get it back; you can never ever erase or replace them! These were the days of innocence; love; and joy all the wonders and magic of Christmas .... I will hold the memories of these Christmas' in my heart for an eternity! May you make memories to last a lifetime this Christmas season! I wish you all love; joy; and magic now and forever!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home