Alpha 150

Monday, July 31, 2006

Thank You To Our WWII Vets! And Uncle Junior I LOVE You!


You are never forgotten .....
You are the greatest generation!

As I ran my hand over the words Normandy, Battle of The Bulge, and the other battles of Europe .....
My thoughts went back to an uncle who loved me with all he had but who I was afraid of when he drank ... He drank because he couldn't let go of the ghosts who haunted him daily from the war.... he went over there whole and came back shattered! He would see 'em comin' over the ridge sometimes and it would frighten me because I could not see them and I could see past all the pain in his eyes ... I couldn't the man who served his country through the nightmare of war.... who held friendlies as well as enemies in his arms tried to save them and watched many tooo many die despite his best efforts...

We are losing our WWII vets everyday at an alarming rate.... these young men who were in their 20s in the 1940s are now in their 80s today.... Please take the time to honor them, thank them.... They saved the world from terror and tyranny! And God Bless them all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home