Alpha 150

Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Day At Arlington


They shall grow not old As we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them . . Nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun, And in the morning, We will remember them!-- Lawrence Binyon

"War drew us from our homeland In the sunlit springtime of our youth. Those who did not come back alive remain in perpetual springtime -- forever young -- And a part of them is with us always."-- Author Unknown

I have fought a good fight I have finished my course I have kept the faith. -- Timothy 2:4:7















I spent Thursday July the 27th at Arlington among the silent white rows of stone that mark what freedom really and what the cost of freedom is exactly... rows upon rows of American sons and daughters who gave all so their nation might live so I might live in freedom.... I watched as yet another and then another American son or daughter was laid to rest on that hot hazy summer afternoon .... I walked to the memorial for the victims of the pentagon who died in terrorist acts on September 11, 2001... I told my old aquaintance DD goodbye... he died along with his childhood friend Joe... DD at his desk in the Pentagon and Joe on the flight that slammed into the building that horrific day! Then I made my way from DD and Joe to the tomb of the unknown and then eventually around to the graves of JFK and Bobby.... No freedom is not free not by any means.... May God have mercy on their souls as well as ours... God bless their families, our families and our Country!

No greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home