Alpha 150

Friday, May 27, 2005

An American Soldier By Toby Keith

I'm just trying to be a fatherRaise a daughter and a sonBe a lover to their motherEverything to everyoneUp and at 'em, bright and earlyI'm all business in my suitYeah, I'm dressed up for success From my head down to my bootsI don't do it for the moneyThere's bills that I can't payI don't do it for the gloryI just do it anywayProviding for our future's my responsibilityYeah I'm real good under pressureBeing all that I can beAnd I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekends been too strongI just work straight through the holidaysAnd sometimes all night longYou can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the doorHey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey, I'm true down to the coreAnd I will always do my duty no matter what the priceI've counted up the cost, I know the sacrificeOh, and I don't want to die for youbut if dyin's asked of meI'll bear that cross with honor'cause freedom don't come freeI'm an American soldier, an Americanbeside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a standWhen Liberty's in jeopardy, I will always do what's rightI'm out here on the front lineSleep in peace tonightAmerican soldier, I'm an American soldierYeah, an American soldier, an AmericanBeside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a standWhen Liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's rightI'm out here on the front lineSo Sleep in peace tonightAmerican soldier, I'm an American An American, an American soldier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home