Alpha 150

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yummy Afternoon Treat


Well you all know that I eat an apple a day .... I eat one in the afternoons for an afternoon snack... well I was thinking how do I jazz it up with out adding calories and this is the solution I can up with....


in a microwave bowl or large coffee mug add:


1 medium apple (80 calories) cored and sliced (leave the skin on .... lots of good stuff in the skin)

layer the apple putting

4 squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (0 calories)

pinch of ground cinnimon, cloves, and ginger (0 calories -- I hope can't really get a straight answer on spices and calories)

cover spices with splenda (0 calories)

repeat layers ending with spices and splenda

Cover loosely

Microwave on High 3 minutes.....


One serving ---- 80 calories


OH my my my like apple struddel without the struddel ....

I want to play with this recipe some by adding sugar free maple pancake syrup to this recipe and leave out the splenda (the syrup we have has 15 calories in a serving) also you could add a packet of instant oatmeal (plain is 100 calories per packet) or you could add both 115 + 80 = 195 for an doctored up version of this snack .... adding the oatmeal is good for your cholesterol .....


Did you know that an apple contains more vitamin C than an orange so eating an apple a day will help to keep the doctor away!


I hope you will enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home