Alpha 150

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Obsessing Over Your Weight (like me) We Are Not Alone!!!!!!!


The One Lie That Half of All Women Tell

This report was on Netscape Webpage and done by the BBC! Even though I am down to a great weight; I still obsess over what I am eating and how it will affect me. Yes I am still counting and documenting every calorie. I intend to start back walking religiously after school is out.... 6 miles three days a week and And three miles the rest of the week. I know when I walk I feel better plus I will be in training for The Over The River Run in September (5 mile walk). I NEVER want to be anything but a size 6 for the rest of my life! I FINALLY made it to where where I want to be and I intend to stay there! I got a weight finally a few weeks ago and I was at 112 and we figured I had lost around 45 pounds! This has been an amazing and challenging journey! But as with all addictions; I will never be over my love affair with food. SOOOO I will have to constantly have document and THINK about everything I put into my body for the rest of my life! So am I obsessed? I guess; I would have to say YES I AM!


Women are so obsessed with their bodies--in a negative, unhealthy way--that fully half of them admit to lying about their weight and almost a third cut the size labels out of their clothing. What's more women want to lose on average 19 pounds. That's the word from a new poll of more than 5,000 women for Britain's Grazia magazine that found that only one in 50 women is actually happy with the way her body looks. Perhaps the most alarming findings are that most women worry about their body every 15 minutes, while almost one-third worry about how they look "every waking minute," reports the BBC News.

Here are other disturbing findings from the Grazia poll:--Seven out of 10 women think life would improve if they had a "better" body.--If a woman steps on the scale in the morning and sees she is two pounds heavier, it can ruin her day.--Women have tried a range of extreme measures, including laxatives and fasting, to lose weight.--Virtually all the respondents said they had dieted at one point in their lives with 41 percent admitting they constantly watch what they eat.

What are the most hated body parts?
Thighs: 87 percent
Waist: 79 percent
Breasts: 65 percent
Feet: 65 percent
Face: 59 percent
Teeth: 57 percent
What body parts do women like?
Only one: Fifty-four percent cited their "slimmish ankles."

Because women are so harshly critical of their bodies, their relationship with food is filled with contradictions. Grazia editor Jane Bruton told the BBC News, "We might have a Diet Coke with a doughnut or skip lunch because we're going out for dinner. Many women are constantly thinking 'Shall I eat it? Shall I not eat it?'"

Are concerns such as this an illness? The U.K.'s Eating Disorders Association says no. However, anorexia and bullimia typically begin when a woman has a "distorted" body image. "We all have days where we think we shouldn't have that extra biscuit. That's very different to having a psychological illness, which is what an eating disorder is," Susan Ringwood, chief executive of the Eating Disorders Association told the BBC. "But all eating disorders begin with a distorted relationship with food and how you feel about your body."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home