Alpha 150

Monday, January 02, 2006

You Can Do This Too .....

I began a journey about 12 weeks ago to change my life! I began to work at my weight by eating 1000 calorie diet and walking... I have lost between 25-30 pounds since then... I am up to 3 miles a day on the treadmill on 5 plus incline! I walk 5 miles on Friday. This has been a relatively easy way to lose the weight because I have not had to deny myself things I love. I can eat out with my family because I have done alot and I mean ALOT of research on fast food places. I know what I can eat at say the McDonalds/Wendy's/Whataburgers of the world. It is amazing to me that most fast good places have online nutritional information that you can download and print out. I also keep a daily journal of calories eaten and miles walked. I have taken daily vitamins which was suggested in several articles online on the 1000 calorie a day diet. I take one a day weight smart and calcium supplement... as well as dexatrim max (which is also a vitamin supplement). I have about 25-30 more pounds to go so I still need your prayers! It is so amazing that I can fit into tee shirts that I had in 1982 - 83! If I can lose weight ANYONE can!!!!! I was one of the ones who thought gastric surgery would be the ONLY way! With all the debate over the safety of these surgeries now.... I am glad that I just trusted in God to provide me with a plan and will power to follow my plan! So now you know my New Years Resolution ... to keep on keeping on and finally I have to thank my hubby, my kids, and especially my friend Tammy for all the support!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said…

    T!!
    I'm SO proud of you. I've got the same goals as you, especially since, as I told several people, I ATE my way through the stress of 2005. Now, we've got Wayne's wedding at the beach ahead of us this summer. I'm really motivated!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Auntie Tracye said…

    Hey PS91Girl, if you are ever in vburg look me up!

    And Rebecca hey I thought it would be hard but it really wasn't that bad just eating ALOT Of lean cuisine and keeping the calories around 1000 or under and stress if I go over and walking at least 3 miles a day helps! Gonna start back with a little yoga at night as well! I know you can do it if you need to talk I am here .... PS is Wayne registered anywhere like Belks or Dillards???? If not tell him to let me know what they want or need ... I LOVE weddings!

    Auntie Tracye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home