Alpha 150

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Am Learning The Lessons Of Perseverance!

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

A month ago I began a journey. I began the diet of a life time. I say a life time because it took me twenty years to put on this weight and I decided that in 12 weeks I was going to see how much of the weight I could lose. The perseverence comes in with the diet in it self. I LOVE food and I love to cook. So there in lies the problem. I have decided that to lose what I want to lose I would curb my caloric intake to 1000 calories a day or less. I am walking two miles a day so far I would love to increase this to three or four a day but we will have to see ( I barely have time to squeeze in the two). I have had to do alot of research so that we can continue a lifestyle with the boys that they are used to ... we are rather busy on MTW so we eat out on those nights ... so I have had to find out calories at McDonalds, Whataburger; Wendy's and the like. Sundays are usually a loss because we eat out at a nice resturant that day for lunch so I usually cut breakfast or cut way back on calories at supper. I thought in four weeks that my body would come around to what was going on but I still am hungry alot of the time. But I just go on with whatever... and try to forget about it. Sometimes I am so tired by the time I get to the Y that I just want to skip the walk and come home and take a nap but I get on the treadmill and walk. I decided that life would be better for all involved if I could lose the weight. I know I would be healthier. I am learning alot about nutrition and what the body can and can not do at my age. I want to be around to see my grandchildren so it is time to start taking control of my health today. Like I said this has been a challenge for me... I love chocolate; I love birthday cake (but at Nate's surprise party and at my friend's baby shower I passed on the cake) but I love my family more.

I am interested to know if there are any others of you out there who are dieting or trying to over come some challenge in your life... I know there are alot of military families who read this board and I know we are all over coming missing our soldiers and are anxiously awaiting their return... I welcome you to comment here and let us all who are facing challenges in our lives support one another through them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home